You have an obligation to undertake ground disturbances in a prudent manner to safeguard the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Recognize that there are inherent dangers in disturbing the ground.
- Request, in advance, that the operators of buried utilities identify and mark the locations of utilities that could be in conflict with your ground disturbance.
- Pre-mark your dig site with white paint.
- Meet with locators, as requested, to explain the scope and extent of your ground disturbance.
- Wait until all utilities have been marked before you dig.
- Respect the locate marks.
- Dig safely.