Digging responsibly means you:
- Request, in advance, that the operators of buried utilities identify and mark the locations of utilities that could be in conflict with your ground disturbance.
- Pre-mark your dig site with white paint.
- Meet with locators to explain the scope and extent of your ground disturbance.
- Wait until all utilities have been marked before you dig.
- Ensure operators of excavation equipment have copies of, and understand, the locate documentation.
- Support and protect exposed utilities to the satisfaction of the utility operator.
- Report any damage (caused or found).
- Respect the locate marks. Hand expose buried utilities in conflict with a ground disturbance before using mechanical excavation equipment within the hand expose zone.
- Backfill exposed utilities with care.
Please sign in to leave a comment.