Any contractor planning to undertake a ground disturbance on private property should make special provisions for identifying and locating privately owned and customer owned buried utilities. It may be necessary for the property owner or the ground disturber to engage a contract locator to identify and mark the locations of such buried utilities.
Articles in this section
- Do I have to be home to meet the locators?
- Is it mandatory to place a locate request with the one-call system?
- What if I think the situation is hazardous?
- Does Alberta One-Call issue permits or crossing agreements?
- Will I incur charges for locating services requested through Alberta One-Call?
- It has been two full working days and I have not had a response to my locate request. Can I begin the excavation?
- Why should I mark the work area with white paint?
- What if I need to make changes to my locate request?
- What if I need locates sooner than two full working days?
- Can I request a specific time to meet the locators?