Most, but not all, utility owners are registered with Alberta One-Call.
Other sources of information on buried utilities that may be at the site of a proposed ground disturbance include:
- Signs or markers in the area.
- Alberta Energy Regulator – high-pressure pipeline records.
- Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development, Rural Utilities Branch – low pressure gas distribution pipeline records.
- Land Titles Office – certificates of title – to determine if a right of way, easement or caveat is registered against the property.
- Local landowners or occupants.
- Visual evidence of cut lines, changes in vegetation, land depression or scarring, buildings or existing surface utilities.
Please sign in to leave a comment.