The Locate Process
What is a locator? Who is responsible for my locates? How long will it take?
- Do I have to be home to meet the locators?
- Is it mandatory to place a locate request with the one-call system?
- What if I think the situation is hazardous?
- Does Alberta One-Call issue permits or crossing agreements?
- Will I incur charges for locating services requested through Alberta One-Call?
- It has been two full working days and I have not had a response to my locate request. Can I begin the excavation?
- Why should I mark the work area with white paint?
- What if I need to make changes to my locate request?
- What if I need locates sooner than two full working days?
- Can I request a specific time to meet the locators?
- What if my work area is on private property?